|Assigned Teams||IT Support|
|Tools Required||USB stick|
|OS Version||Windows 11 22H2|
|Packing Software||Windows Media Creation Tool|
|Computer||Intel i5 6th Generation|
|Storage||SSD or HDD|
Installing Windows 11 on unsupported hardware with USB stick
To create a bootable USB stick for Windows 11, you can use the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool which can be downloaded from the official Microsoft website. After downloading the tool, select the USB flash drive option and plug in a USB drive into your PC. Then, select the USB drive you want to use and press Next. The tool will download the Windows 11 installation files and use them to create a bootable USB memory stick. You can then plug that USB stick into a PC, boot from it, and install Windows 11.
Here are the steps to create a bootable USB stick for Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool:
- Download the tool from the official Microsoft website.
- Plug in a USB drive into your PC.
- Select the USB flash drive option.
- Select the USB drive you want to use and press Next.
- Wait for the tool to download the Windows 11 installation files and use them to create a bootable USB memory stick.
- Plug that USB stick into a PC, boot from it, and install Windows 11.
Booting your computer from USB
Now that you’ve made your Windows 11 installer USB stick you will need to boot your PC using that stick. Computers have different ways to boot into a USB, and you may need to tweak your BIOS settings.
Here are the steps to boot your computer via USB:
- Insert the bootable USB drive into an open USB port on your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Watch for a “Press any key to boot from external device” message on your display.
- Press any key on your keyboard to boot from the USB drive.
- Your computer should now boot from the USB drive.
If you’re having trouble booting from the USB drive, you may need to tweak the BIOS (basic input/output system) settings. You can also open the Advanced Startup Options by holding the Shift key when you choose the Restart option in the Start menu on Windows.
Upgrading to Windows 11 without a USB stick
Did you know that you can upgrade to Windows 11 without building Boot Media. All you need to do is download the ISO to upgrade.
You can upgrade to Windows 11 without a boot stick by following these steps:
- Download the Windows 11 ISO file.
- Right-click the ISO file, select the Open with submenu, and choose the Windows Explorer option.
- Click on the mounted drive from the left navigation pane.
- Double-click the Setup file to begin the Windows 11 upgrade process.
That’s it! You don’t need a bootable USB flash drive or Media Creation Tool to install Windows 11 on a computer already running Windows 10.
Finding your computer running a little slow after upgrading to Windows 11, then consider an SSD upgrade for your computer. We have computer upgrade specialists throughout Melbourne.
Help with Windows 11
Intuitive Strategy has Windows 11 support technicians in Melbourne who work with businesses to maintain, backup and repair Microsoft products. If you need help with Windows 11 fast our team of IT support experts are available now.
Give us a call today on 1300 776 334 for unbiased advice and service.