If you’ve been stuck with not being able to migrate from Apple Mac Mail to Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac this will help.
This is a slow method but it works!
- First you need to download EMLXConverter a tool to convert and create mbox files
- Once downloaded run the software
- Open your Finder > select the Go menu item (holding ALT/Option) open the Library folder > then choose the Mail folder
- Select and copy any *.mbox files somewhere (i.e. your desktop) as you dont want to play with the original files
- Go to the folder where you copied the mbox files
- Opening each of the mbox‘s drill through them until you see folders named Messages and 0, 1 2, 3, 4…..etc
- In each of these folders you will find .emlx files which are your emails
- Highlight all the .emlx files and drag them to the EMLXConverter software
- Go through each of the other mbox’s and their sub folders and keep adding .emlx files
- Once you’ve added all the emails you want converted Click Convert
- Open Outlook for Mac 2011, from the top menu choose Import
- Select ‘Contacts & messages from a text file’
- Select ‘Import messages from an MBOX-format text file.’
- Go to the location where you saved your new mbox file and select it to import.
Thanks for the Apple discussion forum in leading us to this answer: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3866495?start=30&tstart=0