Older version of out such as Outlook XP Outlook 2003 and 2007 may have problems when sending PDF XLS and DOC attachments to Apple devices. These attachments can get converted to winmail.dat files which can not be opened easily on the Apple devices.
The result is that they receive them as winmail.dat attachments instead of the correct PDF XLS or DOC.
Here is how to fix the problem in Outlook:
- Firstly open the recipient’s record in the Contacts folder.
- Then double-click the recipient’s e-mail address. – a window will appear
- Find the E-Mail Properties dialog box and select Send Plain Text only under Internet Format.
Alternatively you can do the following:
- Create a new email message
- Type in a recipient in the To: address
- Double click on the email address
- This will open the E-mail Properties dialog box
- Now select Let Outlook decide the best sending format and press OK
- In the main Outlook software screen select Tools from the top Menu
- Then click Options
- Select the Mail Format tab
- Click on Internet Format
- Under the Outlook Rich Text Options select Convert to Plain Text Format
- Press OK and OK again
For more information on RTF format and winmail.dat problems pleasae refer to the Microsoft Article: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/278061
If you need implementing this on your computer and you are in Melbourne, Mentone, Mordialloc or any other bayside suburb call us your local computer repairs experts on 1300-694-877